{Mon dictionnaire}

22. 2. 2010.

Where The Streets Have No Name




"Where the Streets Have No Name"
is a song by rock band U2 . It is the opening track from their 1987 album The Joshua Tree ,and it was released as the album's third single in August 1987.
Bono's lyrics for the song were based on the notion that it is possible to identify a person's religion and income based on the street on which they lived, particularly in Belfast.[citation needed] Amidst difficulties recording the song, producer Brian Eno attempted to erase the song from the recording tapes. The song's signature is a repeating guitar arpeggio utilising a delay effect that is played at the beginning and end of the song.
This video was directed by Meiert Avis. The song was performed to playback on the rooftop of the Republic Liquor Store at East 7th Street and South Main Street in Los Angeles on 27 March 1987. The scenes include the police shutting the video down due to safety concerns, however the video was heavily edited and overdubbed to make it appear that the band kept performing after the police ordered them to shut down. In reality, they stopped upon being ordered to do so. In 1988, the music video won a Grammy Award for "Best Performance Music Video".

" 'Where The Steets Have No Name' was the perfect introduction. It is one of the most extraordinary ideas, only matched by The Doors' 'Break On Through To The Other Side' as a throw-down to an audience. Do you want to go there? Because if you do, I'm ready to go there with you, to that other place. Call it what you like, a place of imagination, where there are no limitations."
— Bono


I wanna run, I want to hide
I wanna tear down the walls
That hold me inside.
I wanna reach out
And touch the flame
Where the streets have no name.


I wanna feel sunlight on my face.
I see the dust-cloud
Disappear without a trace.
I wanna take shelter
From the poison rain
Where the streets have no name
Where the streets have no name
Where the streets have no name.


We're still building and burning down love
Burning down love.
And when I go there
I go there with you
(It's all I can do)...

Нема коментара:

Постави коментар